As I’m striving everyday to be BeYOUtiful
I think I’ve finally come up with the makeup routine that works for ME. That’s really an important point of this journey, btw. You need to find the makeup routine that makes YOU feel BeYOUtiful, that makes you feel like the best you, that makes you feel happiest. I used to make myself up to make everyone else happy, or at least that’s what I thought I was doing. But really, I was turning myself into the clown version of myself.
I could walk out the door with just concealer and mascara. Hell, I could walk out without any makeup at all. But I wouldn’t feel like me. You’ve heard “put the best foot forward.” Well, I would like to put my best face forward. Confidence comes from within and being happy with your outward appearance let’s the good stuff inside shine through (or is that luminizer?)
Ok, time to step off my soap box. Here are the products I’m currently using. Oh! and if you are a follower of my quest for the perfect concealer this three-step Laura Mercier system is pretty damn good. I’m still a little cakey, but I think that has to do with moisture, more on that later.
1) BareMinerals Renew and Hydrate Eyecream I apply liberally, morning and night. I could do an ENTIRE post on this stuff. It has really changed my undereyes. Really poofed them up. Which sounds like a bad thing, but it isn’t. I don’t look as much like a skeleton.
2) Loreal Magic Lumi Primer and 3) NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer I mix these together and (just one pump of the Lumi) and start at the cheek bones and then all over my face. Thank god for the beauty blender!
4) Laura Mercier Wheat Eye Basics I got this as a sample and I freaking love it. It stays put all day on my greasy eyelids and turns my eye lids into a nice clean pallet.
5) Trish McEvoy Shell Highlighter I use this all over my face. Eyebrow highlight, inner corner, cupids bow. It is the perfect color for me and not too IN YOUR FACE highlight.
6) Laura Mercier Cake Eyeliner and 7) Laura Mercier Tightline Activator I love to tightline. Thanks to Jeffrey Tasker I am getting much better at tightlining. I like how full my eyelashes look without having to do a ton of lining. This stuff stays put all day.
11) Bare Minerals Ready Blush in The Tease I love this color. It looks kinda BAM in the packaging but I like that it gives me a good flush. I always take my powder brush and some translucent powder and blend everything out or the blush looks clowny.
12) Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara this is the holy grail of mascara. I have long lashes and when I blink with other mascaras the lashes hit my checks and mascara would go all over undereyes. Well that doesn’t help with the undereye circles. This is THE mascara if you are done with panda eyes. This stuff doesn’t move. Hell, it doesn’t come off with makeup remover. It only comes off with slightly warm water and it comes off in tubes. It is the best! I cried during my wedding and the mascara stayed put!
So there ya go. That’s my daily face. Those are the products that make me feel the best. Nothing too crazy and occasionally I pop on a bit more eyeshadow or liner. What products do you love? Let me know in the comments below.