Birthdays don’t normally freak me out. 28 did because that was the age my mom had me and I wasn’t even married yet. 30 is because, hell, it is thirty. My grandpa was 29 until the day he died, which was super confusing to me as a child. My husband normally calls me “old balls” for the three months I’m older than him–he’s been instructed not to do that this year.
Next Wednesday will be 30 weekdays until I turn 30. The big 3-0 hits on July 10 and I’m starting to freak out. If you know me, you know I love to be in control (at least I can admit it). So I’m giving myself a challenge to take control and own the big 3-0.
There are things I wanted to make sure I do before I turn 30 and I’m running out of time. It is now or never. I’ve been trying to figure out “my style” for a while now and I think I’m getting there. Basically, I’m a preppy girl who dreams of looking like Miranda Kerr. (see right)
I am über lazy on weekends and basically want to spend my summer sitting in my hammock reading (Mike and I nicknamed this summer “country summer”). Therefore, this is a weekday only challenge. So here’s what I’m challenging myself to do, let me know what else I should do in the comments below!
Style and Makeup
1. Get my makeup down to 15 minutes max
2. Clean out my closet to only things I really love
3. More necklaces, less clothes (not wear less clothes, own and buy less clothes, you pervert)
4. Find the perfect lip gloss and then stop buying more
5. Stay under 1400 calories
6. Cut out refined sugar (Brennan, I’m looking to you for help on this)
Exercise (gah! I hate exercise)
7. 5 days a week, no excuses
8. Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred ie get my ass in shape by 30!
9. Blog daily about my progress
10. Instagram daily (I’m loving the app Photo365)
Job (I can’t write down these things, just know they are there)
14. Less TV, more reading. I watch a lot of TV, I’ve been debating an entire post on how much TV I watch.
15. Appreciate my friends more. I’ve lived all over the country and I have friends from coast-to-coast. I want to make sure they know how much I love and appreciate them in my life. I feel a lot of emails and letters coming on.
16. Make sure Mike knows how much I love and appreciate him.
Ok that’s it! What am I missing?